Thank you for your interest in employment at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall! We do not currently have any open paid positions.
However, we are always looking for motivated music lovers to join our Street Team and help spread the word about our upcoming shows. If you are enthusiastic about live music and want to get involved in the concert scene, this is your chance! As a member of our Street Team, you will place posters and distribute postcards in high-traffic areas in and around the Capital Region. In return, you will become a part of our inner circle, among the first to hear about upcoming shows, and you may also qualify for free tickets, posters, merchandise, and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Passing out/hanging up posters to promote upcoming shows at the Music Hall.
• Distributing postcards.
• Providing us with feedback about audience response in your area, marketing techniques that worked, and your overall promotional experience.
• Announcing performances or on-sales via email (no spamming, please!), blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Reliable transportation is needed to pick up and distribute promotional materials. This does necessarily mean a car, but you will need to be able to get to the Music Hall on a semi-regular basis.
• A digital camera or camera phone to email pictures of the materials you distribute at various locations in your area.
• Facebook and/or Twitter accounts and knowledge of those networks is preferred.
In appreciation for their help, street team members can qualify for:
» Tickets to concerts.
» Opportunities to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the public.
» Access to special promotional materials, including posters and recordings.
» Music Hall merchandise.
» And more!
If you are interested in joining our Street Team, send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please include your name and the neighborhood where you live, as well as other areas where you might be able to distribute posters and flyers. We’d also love to know about your relationship with music—favorite bands, genres, venues, etc.
Box Office & Administration Internship
Compensation: Unpaid, but may be applicable for college credit.
The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall recognizes the value of on-the-job experience in developing the careers of upcoming arts and nonprofit administrators and is seeking a creative, curious and motivated intern who is interested in an arts or music administration career to join our small administrative team. This internship will provide the opportunity to work in a historic environment with world class artists providing invaluable experience in the areas of box office support & operations, public relations, concert promotion and nonprofit business practices. Our 1180 seat venue in downtown Troy hosts a wide ranging variety of musical concerts and events throughout the year.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest via email to Brittany Meegan, Patron Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall Corp. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that works with artists from around the world, as well as local artists, and collaborative partnerships with other local arts organizations. If you are interested in interning with the Music Hall, but would like to further investigate other departments or business practices, please let us know at the time of your application or interview. We recognize that everyone has different interests and strengths, and we hope that students will make the most out of their time in our historic Hall.