Location of the Music Hall
The Music Hall is located on the upper floors of the First Niagara Bank
Building on the corner of State and Second Streets in downtown Troy.
When arriving for a concert, please use the main entrance on Second Street.
If you are coming to the Music Hall's administrative office or box office
during the day, please note that those offices are next door, on the second floor
of the low building between the Music Hall and E. Stewart Jones' offices. The white
door labelled ADMINISTRATION is the one you need.
The Music Hall owns one small parking lot; it has 30 spaces, an entrance on 2nd Street,
and an elevated sign with the Music Hall logo. Parking there is free on concert evenings
but often requires arriving relatively early.
On-street parking and city-owned garages are free on weekends and after 5 PM on weekdays.
The nearest garages are 2-3 blocks away; street parking will often be closer but may be less easy to find:
- One garage is at State St. & River St. To reach it, pass the Music Hall on 2nd, turn left on Broadway, and turn left onto River.
- Another garage has its entrance on 3rd St. near Fulton. To reach it, go past the Music Hall on State, turn left on 4th,
and turn left to go around the Best Western and approach the garage.
- A crude map showing these garages is at right. The third garage whose label is closest to the words "Hudson River" no longer exists. The garage farthest east exists but is noticeably farther from our front door.
NOTE: If you are coming across the river on Route 2, the first available turn will be at Third Street. The road passes underneath First and Second. Division Street, the westbound street one block south of Ferry, does not appear on the map but may be useful.
All Roads Lead To Troy
30 2nd St. • Troy, New York • 518.273.0038
Most patrons should approach Troy on I-787, but visitors from Washington County, southern Vermont, and the northern Berkshires may find it easier to reach Troy from the east on ordinary surface roads.
I-787 may be reached from Exit 23 of the NYS Thruway, from Exit 7 of I-90, and from State Routes 2 and 7.
From I-787, all drivers should take Exit 8.
This is the 23rd Street/Watervliet/Green Island exit.
- Coming from Schenectady/Saratoga/Cohoes on I-787 SOUTH,
turn LEFT at the end of the exit ramp.
- Coming from Albany, I-90, and the Thruway on I-787 NORTH,
turn RIGHT at the end of the exit ramp.
- All traffic should take the same route from this point on.
Blue attraction signs with the Music Hall logo mark the path described below.
- Proceed approximately 0.4 miles to a traffic light; turn right onto the Green
Island Bridge. After crossing the river to Troy, turn right at the end of the bridge.
- Continue straight through one traffic light onto 3rd Street. After 3 blocks,
turn right on Congress Street.
- Travel on Congress Street for 1 block, and then turn right onto 2nd Street.
- The Music Hall is 1 block ahead on the right.