The Music Hall was built in 1875 after the Troy Savings Bank decided to move its offices to a new location. To demonstrate the Bank's appreciation for the many years of patronage by the local citizens, they made plans for the new building to include a music hall on the upper floor. George Browne Post was selected as the architect.
The seats are original from when the Music Hall was built in 1875. Although every seat in the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall is great, many people prefer a specific area based on acoustics and comfort. If you’re purchasing tickets based on the acoustics, we suggest that you sit in the Balcony or Gallery. If you’re purchasing tickets based on comfort, you’ll find that our lower and upper boxes have comfortable, movable chairs. Please note, these sections are only accessible by stairs.
- Seat numbers vary depending on which section they are located in. Parquet Left uses odd numbers, while parquet right uses even numbers. Each row in Parquet Left Center and Parquet Right Center consist of seats 100 to 111. All rows in the Parquet are alphabetically ordered.
- The Dress Circle, Balcony, and Gallery are separated by section letters, row numbers, and all sections start at seat 1 and progress numerically. Some sections may go up to 100 seats, and some sections may only go up to 7 seats.
- The lower and upper Boxes are differentiated by rows 1 and 2. For Albany Symphony performances, the lower and upper Boxes are classified as general admission.
The Music Hall seats 1,175 people. If a performance requires the stage extension, the Music Hall holds 1,021 people.
In order to maintain the Music Hall’s natural acoustics, the Music Hall does not offer air conditioning. The Hall can become warm from the heat generated from an audience, please take that into consideration when dressing for a performance.
Professional-grade cameras and recording equipment are not generally permitted unless approved by Music Hall Management. The photo policy for every show is subject to the preferences of the artist. Patrons with cell phones or other personal electronic devices are requested to turn them off before entering the concert hall.
We do! We frequently offer tours during Troy Night Out events, which occur the last Friday of the month. Please be sure to check the Troy Night Out map to see if we are open for tours or feel free to call our Box Office. We also offer tours during our regular business hours if the Music Hall is not occupied. Walk-ins are welcomed.
The organ was installed in 1890. It was partially restored in 2006.
When needed, we offer volunteer informational seminars before our season starts in the fall. If you are interested in learning more about our usher program, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information. Attendance at orientation and safety seminars are mandatory and all volunteers must commit to working at least 12 shows a season.
We do have a Lost & Found for personal items left in the Hall. These items can be picked up during our regular business hours in our Administrative Office. If you have any questions please contact our Box Office at (518) 273-0038.
While we have a Coat Check area, please be aware that for most performances our Coat Check is self-serve. The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall is not liable for any lost or stolen property.
In deference to the comfort and listening pleasure of the audience already in the hall, patrons arriving late to a performance will be seated in between pieces or at the discretion of the House Manager.
Tickets, Memberships & Gift Cards
- Tickets are available to order online, by phone, or in person.
- To purchase tickets online, visit our website, www.troymusichall.org, and click on any of the events we have posted.
- To reach us by phone, contact the box office at (518) 273-0038 during our business hours, Mon-Fri from 10am to 3pm.
- You also can stop by our Administrative Office during business hours to order tickets in person. We are located at 30 Second St, Troy, NY 12180.
To create an account, visit our ticketing website, tickets.troymusichall.org. In the top right corner, click on the Login button, which will direct you to our Login page. Click on New Patron to create a new account.
The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall shares a common login with Proctors (as well as Proctors partners, including Albany Symphony, Capital Rep, Schenectady Civil Players, Schenectady Light Opera Company, and The Egg). If you’ve purchased a ticket online previously through any of these venues, your email and user information is already on file. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can request to reset it on our login page.
Our website, www.troymusichall.org, is the only official online ticketing source for all Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, Albany Pro Musica & Troy Chromatic Concerts presentations. Patrons who would like to purchase tickets for Albany Symphony performances can visit www.albanysymphony.com. The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall is not responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties. To guarantee you’re purchasing genuine tickets, buy directly through our website, call, or visit our Box Office.
You should always buy in advance to get the best seats and guarantee that you will get a ticket. Some shows sell out before the day of the show, so it’s very important to buy your tickets in advance!
If you’ve lost your ticket(s), it’s important to contact our Box Office at (518) 273-0038 as soon as possible. We will not be able to mail out new tickets - we can easily email them to you as electronic tickets that you may print out or show on your smartphone. If you do not have a printer or do not use email, that's okay - give us a call and we'll work with you to make sure you are able to attend your event!
When purchasing from the Music Hall Box Office, you have two options to choose from:
Mailed Tickets ($2.00 fee applies to cover postage and mailing)
& e-Ticket Delivery via e-mail
In season's past, we have utilized a Will Call window to hold paid tickets/reservations for pick-up before the show. This option is no longer available in order to reduce bottlenecks and crowding in the front lobby. This will help patrons with ease of entry to the venue for each show and will also deter long lines and wait times.
However, you can visit the Help Desk window if you have lost or misplaced your tickets to the event - we will re-print them for you; a $2.00 per ticket Re-Print fee does apply.
The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall recognizes the value of flexibility for all ticketholders. Our refund policy is as follows:
~ May request a refund up to 7 days before the performance takes place by calling the Box Office at (518) 273-0038 during regular business hours.
Members of the Music Hall & Troy Chromatic Concerts Subscribers:
~ Supporter ($150+) Level & Above can request up to 90 minutes before the start of a performance.
~ Friend ($75) & Senior ($50) Levels can request a refund up to 24 hours before the start of a performance.
~ Troy Chromatic Concerts Subscribers can request a refund up to 24 hours before the start of a performance for all Troy Chromatic Concerts presentations.
Exchanges: You may request an exchange of tickets, instead of a refund, of equal or higher price. If the price of the ticket is higher when exchanging to a new performance and/or date than the previously purchased ticket(s), you will be charged the difference in pricing at the time of exchange. Exchanges are not available for: (a) tickets purchased through resale or the secondary ticketing market, (b) VIP and other premium tickets, or (c), tickets for events that are less than 7 days away unless you are a member of the Music Hall.
Donations: Donations, including membership donations, are non-refundable.
Outside event organizers/promoters (‘Renters’ of the Hall) may have their own refund and box office policies for their ticketed events. Please call our box office during normal business hours at (518) 273-0038 to determine if the above policies and procedures apply to your ticket.
We do! To receive a group discount for any group of ten (10) or more, you need to order tickets by phone at (518) 273-0038, or stop by our box office during regular business hours.
Any show presented by the Music Hall and/or Albany Pro Musica will offer a 10% discount when purchasing ten (10) or more tickets in one order, while the Troy Chromatic Concerts offer a 15% discount with orders containing ten (10) or more tickets.
Group discount is only valid on non-discounted tickets and cannot be used with any other offer or coupon. You can find even more information by visiting our Group Sales page.
- Yes we do! Student rates or discounts vary by performance. We also offer a $50 Student Membership for college students. If you are a student looking to attend a Music Hall presentation or would like to become a Student Member, please call the Box Office at (518) 273-0038.
- Albany Pro Musica offers a $20 student ticket to any performance within their subscription series at the Hall.
- The Troy Chromatic Concerts offers a $15 ticket to all TCC performances. If you'd like to guarantee your seat for the entire season, students can purchase a Season Subscription for $60!
- All students must be school-aged or be able to present a valid college ID to purchase a student-priced ticket.
- The Unison Membership is a unique opportunity for Grades K - 12 students and families to enjoy live music together with $5 tickets!
Head over to our Unison Page for more information.
Each patron, including children of any age, must have an individual ticket to enter a performance at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. Please call our Box Office at (518) 273-0038 if you have questions or concerns.
Gift Cards are available to purchase online, by phone, or in-person. Gift Cards are redeemable online, over the phone or at the Box Office during regular business hours, or at the ticket sales window on the night of an event.
- In the event of a cancellation or rescheduling, the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall will contact patrons regarding the cancellation or rescheduling via telephone and email. The information will also be posted on social media and our website.
- Refunds will be issued only to the original purchaser through the original method of purchase (credit card, check, etc.).
- Service charges are not refundable.
Unless a state of emergency has been declared, if the artist is ready and able to perform, the show will go on.
Security & Medical
Backpacks are not allowed but small purses are permitted and may be subject to search.
The safety and well-being of our patrons, artists, and staff are of the utmost importance.
To ensure a safe venue for all, the possession of firearms, fireworks, explosives, incendiary devices, knives, or weapons of any kind is prohibited at the Music Hall's property and facilities, except those carried by law enforcement officers who are on duty. All Music Hall visitors and their belongings, such as bags or purses, are subject to search and enforcement. Anyone in violation of this policy will be asked to secure the weapon inside their vehicle or at home or leave the property immediately. No ticket returns, refunds, or exchanges will be made for people violating the Music Hall's weapons policy.
No smoking or vaping of any kind is permitted in the Music Hall. Any patron who is found to be smoking or vaping in the Hall may be asked to leave.
The First Aid kit is located at the Concierge Desk in the upstairs Music Hall lobby. In case of an emergency, please use your cell phone to call 911, locate the House Manager or notify the nearest usher, security guard, policeman, or staff person to alert the authorities.
The Music Hall lobby and the Parquet, Dress Circle, and Wheelchair seating sections of the Music Hall are accessible. Patrons requiring the elevator are advised to arrive early. Although ADA seating is available for purchase online through our tickets site, we encourage patrons with special seating requests to contact our Box Office at (518) 273-0038 or email email@example.com so that we can further assist and accommodate your requests to the best of our ability.
Personal Assisted Listening Devices are available at no cost at the Concierge Desk in the upstairs Music Hall lobby and may be checked out with a valid ID.
We do have an elevator! The elevator is only accessible to the Music Hall lobby and the main floor of the Music Hall which includes the Parquet and Dress Circle sections.
Yes, service animals are always allowed at the Music Hall. If you need specific seating arrangements, please call the Box Office at (518) 273-0038 to speak to an associate.
If you plan on being dropped off at the Music Hall, please do so at the corners of Second & State Streets. For most performances, Event Staff will be on hand to help patrons with questions, concerns and any additional assistance.
Downtown Troy: Parking, Food & Drinks
We do not have a formal dress code. Wear what you feel most comfortable in!
Parking on the street is free after 5 pm on weekdays and throughout the weekend. You can park at the following garages for free:
State Street Parking Garage - 191 River Street, Troy, NY 12180
5th Avenue Parking Garage - 1713 5th Avenue, Troy, NY 12180
Navigate to our Directions page for more information on how to get to the Music Hall!
To get specific information about directions, you can visit https://www.troymusichall.org/contact/directions/
We recommend anyone attending a performance should arrive at least thirty minutes before the show if you plan to park in an area parking garage. Some performances may sell out, and you may need extra time to find parking, or perhaps you need to have your tickets re-printed at the Box Office Help Desk. Either way, it's better to arrive early, so you don't miss one minute of the show!
There are great restaurants located around the Music Hall! Members of the Hall at the Supporter level or above receive discounts to various restaurants throughout Downtown Troy. To see an array of dining options, you can visit the Downtown Troy BID website at www.downtowntroy.org/dine.
Cash & card is accepted for purchases at concessions. Some performances may only serve non-alcoholic beverages - please call the box office to inquire about your show before attending at (518) 273-0038. Thank you!
Nearby area hotels include
1 Fourth Street
Troy, NY 12180
235 Hoosick Street
Troy, NY 12180
59 Brunswick Road
Troy, NY 12180
515 River St
Troy, NY 12180
No, but there are multiple banks within walking distance with active ATMs. These banks include KeyBank, Pioneer Bank and Bank of America.
Yes! If you are interested in attending a Troy Night Out event at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, please check the Troy Night Out map or call our Office at (518) 273-8945.
Although there is no way to definitively tell if we have a ghost in the Music Hall, there are definitely stories to be told. Feel free to come to our office for a tour and you may hear a few!
- The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall Corporation is pleased to host free summer concerts for children with the Barker Park Kids’ Summer Series. Every Thursday at 11 am during the months of July and August, a new performer or activity is presented in Barker Park, located on the corner of Third and State streets in downtown Troy. Kids are free to move, explore and participate as they learn about music, cultures, animals, and other creative art forms,
- On the second Tuesday of each month from October to May, we present the free Music @ Noon concert series. This series has presented exceptional musicians with a diverse mix of musical styles and is free and open to the public. Come listen, and bring your lunch!
- The Music Hall also provides free student programming for Troy Public Schools and free tickets to certain performances for students. We also have community outreach events through the season that may coincide with a TSBMH presented performance. For more information on Music @ Noon and other community & educational events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can inquire about renting or performing at the Music Hall by visiting our Rent the Hall page.
We post all employment opportunities on our website, www.troymusichall.org, on our Staff & Board page.
Fun is encouraged! If the music moves you, you’re free to show it! If you accidentally dance your way in front of a fire exit or are blocking an aisle, an usher may ask you to please dance in a slightly different location.
Yes, you can refill or purchase a CDTA Navigator Pass at our Administrative Office during our regular business hours. If our offices are not open, the Troy Public Library is the closest sales location for the CDTA Navigator Pass at 100 2nd Street, Troy.
We are actually not a bank. The Music Hall is situated above the home of the former Troy Savings Bank, which is now closed. If searching for records affiliated with the Troy Savings Bank, please call KeyBank for more information.